presentations & events
On occasion, members of the chapter will give presentations to other groups in the area. Sometimes this may involve a display of materials that are related to our mission. We may also participate in events held by other organizations. A list of recent presentations and events is provided below. The GAAS participants' names are in parentheses.
- October 8, 2022 - Fall into Nature, an event organized by the UA Martin Field Station at Bath Nature Preserve. As part of the event, the dedication of the Chimney Swift Tower, funded by the chapter, was held - see Fall into Nature for more information.
- September 28, 2022 - ODNR Division of Wildlife held a Diversity Partners meeting in Gambier OH to highlight projects related to the Kokosing River (Wolfgang Pelz) - see Diversity Partners for more information.
- June 26, 2022 – Buckeye Martinfest - an event of the Portage Lakes Purple Martin Association (Sherilyn Burns, Cincy Wiswesser, Mary Simmons, Wolfgang Pelz) - pictures of the event in photos under "In the Field"
- June 11, 2022 - Audubon Great Lakes Virtual Chapter Gathering and Associated Bird Walks - pictures of the event in photos under "In the Field"
- April 30, 2022 - 11:00-3:00 - Spring into Nature, an event organized by the UA Martin Field Station at Bath Nature Preserve
- March 5, 2022 - 2:30-3:00 - an activity of the UA Martin Field Station at Bath Nature Preserve for K-2 children about light pollution and its effects on animals (Sherilyn Burns)
- February 17, 2022 - "Birds in Your Backyard" presentation to Girl Scout Troop 90086 at the Brimfield Community Center (Wolfgang Pelz)
- August 17, 2021 - "National Audubon Society and the Greater Akron Audubon Society" presentation to the Wyoga Lake Conservation Association (Wolfgang Pelz)